- Raw Education
- About Us
- Contact Us
The most complete source of Omega-3 fatty acids comes from a blend of wild-caught Alaskan salmon, pollock, and whitefish oils
Improved Omega Profile
When Grizzly Salmon Oil became Grizzly Salmon Plus™, its omega profile got a fresh update:
• We increased its EPA levels to better support a healthy skin and coat
• We maintained its already high levels of DHA that support your pet’s heart, organs, and immune system
• We lowered its Omega-6 levels (read why below)*
Wild… Not Farmed
Grizzly Salmon Plus™ is derived only from wild-caught, sustainably harvested, deep-water Alaskan sources—fish that have spent their entire lives foraging on a native, nutrient-rich diet. The resulting oil contains a balanced blend of valuable Omegas, as well as inherent antioxidants and vitamins.
Sustainable High Quality
The oils for Grizzly Salmon Plus™ are extracted from human-grade fish, thanks to our founder’s ingenious idea of co-locating our extraction plants alongside human-grade fish processing plants.
Rather than catching (or farming) fish to make our oils, we utilize all of the wild-caught, human-grade fish not already destined for human consumption, which respects precious marine resources while ensuring your pet receives the highest quality fish oil possible.
Understanding Omega Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are important fats that pets must get from their diet in order to maintain optimum health.
Omega-3s: long chain fatty acids DHA, EPA, and ALA
• DHA: helps support the cardiovascular, nervous, and immune systems.
• EPA: helps promote healthy skin and coat.
• ALA: only about 15% is nutritionally available for skin and coat health.
* Omega-6s: linoleic acid (LA)—essential in small amounts
• An elevated Omega-6 content may trigger an inflammatory response.
• Most pet foods have too high an Omega-6 content.
• A high Omega-6 content must be balanced with Omega-3 supplements like Grizzly Salmon Plus™.
Omega-9s: provides a good source of energy
• The body makes its own Omega-9s as needed.
• Not a nutritionally important fatty acid.
• The body burns excess Omega-9s as a calorie-dense source of energy.
The free shipping rules mentioned above are general guidelines, please refer to the delivery map above for full information on shipping rates to specific postal codes in Metro Vancouver. You can also download a PDF version of the delivery map. Currently all deliveries will take place Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 8:30pm. Special arrangements can be made if these times are inconvenient. Our current schedule is as follows: Maple Ridge through to Vancouver, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Mission through to White Rock, Richmond on Tuesday and Thursdays.
At this time we can only ship dry goods (i.e. Dehydrated Foods & Supplements). Due to the high cost of shipping, it is advisable to ensure your order is a minimum of $100.00 to justify the shipping expense. The cost of shipping will be your responsibility, but we will find the most economical method, depending on weight and your location. Canada Post minimum for small parcels is $9.00. Paypal invoices will be issued if we do not have your credit information on file.
Sorry we are unable to ship outside Canada at this time.
Due to the nature of our products please contact us for clarification and or pre-authorization of returnable goods. Restocking charges may apply, and we are not able to resell frozen goods.